Frequent travelers know that one of the most time-consuming parts of their planning is getting a visa. You need to go to the embassy of the country in which you want to spend your vacation, stay in line, and wait for a while for your visa to arrive. However, that may no longer be an issue. More and more countries issue electronic visas. Cambodia is one of them. Instead of doing all of the above, you can apply online and wait as little as 24 hours. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
What are the requirements?
While getting a visa over the internet is easy, you still need to provide some information. However, everything you need is easily accessible, and you may already have everything on the list. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – getting a passport is quite easy these days. You can get passport photos online. And if you already have one, ensure that it is valid. At the same time, the government of Cambodia asks that your passport is valid for at least another six months from your date of departure.
- A digital photo of yourself – that is even easier to get, but make sure that the photo is recent.
- Means of payment – when it comes to payment, you have multiple options. You can use credit or debit cards. Paypal accounts are also accepted as valid means of payment.
- E-mail address – you will receive a copy of your visa even if it is linked to your passport electronically.
Once you have everything you need, you can get to the next requirement, and that is to fill in the application form. The form is also entirely online, and it takes about 20 minutes of your time. First of all, you need to provide all your personal information. You must also choose a processing time, but keep in mind that your choice determines the cost of your visa, so make sure to go over your options. They are as follows:
- Standard processing time –your application will be processed within four business days, and the price is $60 or its equivalent in all currencies. It is the least expensive option, but if you take your time planning, there is no reason to spend extra money.
- Rush processing time – this options will have your visa ready within two business days, but you will be charged $90.
- Super Rush processing time – this is the quickest options you have, and the application will be processed within 24 hours. As you can expect, this option will cost you more. You will pay $120.
The second stage covers the payment and a quick revision of the information you provided so far. It is imperative that you double-check everything because corrections are possible only if your application is not processed. Once it has gone through processing, you cannot correct any mistake.
The last thing you need to do is to answer a set of personal questions and upload some documents. The last part depends from person to person, but you will be let know what you need to upload. That is pretty much it. You hit submit and wait. No trip to the embassy, no lines, and no wasted time.
The document you receive is valid 90 days after issue, and you can spend a 30-day vacation in Cambodia. Also, remember that an electronic visa for Cambodia is only accepted at the Phnom Penh International Airport, Siem Reap International Airport, Poi Pet, Bavet, and Cham Yeam. If you choose another point of entry, you need a consular visa.